Christmas in My Apartment

With less than a week until Christmas my little apartment has finally been dressed for Christmas.  I kept the decorations simple this year, focusing mainly on my fireplace with touches of greenery throughout the rest of the apartment.  This year, I did not use many of my regular Christmas decorations.  I pulled out the garland and my Swarovski crystal stars.  I have boxes and boxes packed away for next year.  I liked keeping it simple this year, I think just the right amount of Christmas can be found throughout my apartment…

What do you think?

Christmas1

closeupfireplace

I’m really excited about how my stacked wood fireplace turned out!  I think it really cozies up my apartment and adds interest to the fireplace.

fireplace

I added a little tree, but the size was awkward in my apartment so I took it down.  Little sprigs of pine replaced my tree this year.

Do you use the same decorations every year, or do you switch it up from year to year?

Comments

Oooh! Let me be the first to say, your apartment looks fresh and inviting for Christmas. I love it! What a great idea for the fireplace, you’ve got great ideas. Love, Love, Love it! Mom

So pretty, Elizabeth! I love keeping it simple; the fresh greens and stacked wood are perfectly festive and natural and beautiful!

3. Stacey says

Your place is looking great! It looks so pretty.
    I usually use most of the same decor each year but purge a little and add a couple new touches, as my tastes change.

4. Kate says

You may have addressed it in a previous post, but where did you find the tall lamp in the entryway? I absolutely love that lamp and shade – gorgeous!

Simple is perfect in my book! Your apartment is gorgeous! By the way, so glad the upside down Christmas tree was a no-go. Yikes, those things scare me.

Looks great Elizabeth your decor is simple and streamlined. This year I took a different approach less is more ! Actually I was was just too lazy to haul 5 boxes up the stairs :)

I allways try to change some details, this year I’ve made some stars and other little things. But the tree looks more or less the same than last year. I love how your fireplace looks!

Ah, it looks wonderful, Elizabeth!! Perfect simplicity for your little space. My decorations are different every year… I reuse some of the same things, but like to switch it up!
    Hoping your Christmas is extra merry this year!
    xo Heidi
    PS — the fireplace ROCKS!

Looks great! Love the simplicity. I also love the wood in the fireplace! I’ve changed things up a bunch this year….tired of doing the same ole thing. Some boxes did not even get opened this year.

It looks LOVELY and very inviting. I switch things up too. I am actually thinking about doing after-Christmas shopping for all new decorations – going in another direction entirely. We’ve always used all the ornaments we use to commemorate the year – one for each of our kids. So there are lots of crayola box colors and I want to change over to metals – bronze, silver, gold – and then be able to use different colors each year as I am inspired. Merry Christmas!!

The stacked wood is perfect, I love the visual interest it adds to a normal black hole- such a great addition!! The rest of the house is just perfect as well, beautiful decor!

12. Erica Meyer says

Looks great Elizabeth! It feels natural and cozy and simple. The stacked wood in the fireplace and the swag on the mantel look great together! Those red chairs add to the spirt too, use what you have right? Merry Christmas to you!

It’s lovely. Especially the fireplace. I usually move things around a bit…but with the same decorations…and fresh pine is always great. I also like to get wreaths at Trader Joe’s…my boxwood one was only $10.