Boy oh boy, do I have a dessert recipe for you today! If you’re searching for something a little different for Christmas dessert this year, this is your recipe. I made it a couple of weekends ago for family and friends, it was a topic of conversation all weekend.
Chocolate Lava Cake: serves 8
20 oz. of semi-sweet chocolate
1 c. of butter
6 large eggs
3 egg yolks
1 c. of flour
1 c. of powdered sugar
4 TBSP. of cocoa powder
2 tsp. of salt
Butter and cocoa for dusting ramekins
1.Pre-heat the oven to 420 degrees. Brush ramekins with butter and dust with cocoa, set aside.
2.Melt butter and chocolate in a double broiler. Set-off heat to cool.
3.Whisk eggs in a large mixing bowl. In a separate bowl, combine dry ingredients (flour, sugar, salt and cocoa powder).
4. Once chocolate is cool, mix with eggs. Mix in dry ingredients to the egg mixture, mix until smooth. Fill each ramekin with cake batter, leaving 1/2″ to the top of the ramekin.
5. Bake in oven for 15-20 minutes.
6. Remove cake from ramekin. Cut around each cake with a knife to loosen it. Next, hold a plate over the ramekin and flip the ramekin over using oven mitts. The cake will fall to the plate.
7. Dust with powdered sugar and serve.
* I served ours with a little vanilla ice cream and pomegranates. It was to die for!