A Girl’s Best Friend…

They say, “diamonds are a girl’s best friend”  and for the most part I agree.

I think a close second has to be the closet.  For the past three months I have been living with one very small closet, it is really more like a built-in wardrobe and at this point, I would definitely take a second closet over a diamond.

One day, I dream of having a drop-dead gorgeous closet, like this…

But until that day arrives, I am really ecstatic about the latest project starting in my apartment…the beginning of a new closet.

Framing started last night.   Hopefully tonight we will get the sheetrock up and a door frame installed.

It is small, only about 12″ deep, but it will be filled floor to ceiling with shelves.  I am excited to finally be able to unpack the rest of my clothes that have been stored in space saver bags under my sofa and bedside table!  We are building it so that it can stay or be removed when I move out.  The corner of my bedroom that we are building it in is wasted space , I think it is a huge asset to the apartment.

I think once I am able to get my clothes put away I will finally be ready to start personalizing my apartment.  At the moment, I am gearing up to start decorating for Christmas!

Have you started putting up your holiday decorations yet?

Comments

I love how you think outside the box. You better watch out…you may become the “closet maker” of the complex when your neighbors catch onto your crafty ways!

Who doesnt dream of having a bigger and more beautiful closet?!? I know I do! Looks like you have created a clever solution…looking forward to seeing your design creativity come to life!

What a great, practical solution! You rent right, Elizabeth? It sounds like your landlord has a smart tenant that is making the rental even better.

4. Kristy says

Love your dream closet…it’s gorgeous!! I just started trying to get our closet to look half decent!!

Cool and good for you for creating this closet space. That is one thing that our current house lacks is large closets, so it’s definitely high on my list for our next home.

6. 17 Perth says

What a great idea!! Love it. You have one fantastic dad no doubt. Can’t wait to see how it turns out. And no–no christmas decorations yet. My pumpkin is still on my front porch. AH!. Hahaha. Maybe I’ll start tonight?

7. Lesley says

That’s awesome! And you have the best person to help you execute it in your dad. Can’t wait to see it when it is finished!

I’ve got news for you, men like nice closets too! A closet with enough space to be able to actually see ones shoes without fumbling around on the closet floor, or even better having a place to sit down and put said shoes on would be a dream come true. How about ties, I spend more time before a wedding or baby christening thumbing trough ties looking for the one I want… I hope you install a handy light in your new closet.