Tell Me Tuesday…BAM or SLAM!?

BAM! for Painted Ceilings!

This week’s topic request is from Joanne @ Homestyling 101.  She would like to know how you feel about treating your windows with a combination of natural woven shades and drapes.

This is a trend that I have seen everywhere, I even use this combination throughout our home.    How do you feel about pairing natural woven shades and drapes…

Are you a fan!?

Images via Cote de Texas, The Inspired Room, Habitually Chic, First Time Fancy, Decorpad

Are there any design trends you would like discussed on BAM or SLAM? I am always looking for new topics.

Comments

Totally for it – Bam! It reminds me of different homes I have grown up in – particularly in the tropics and it is popular with clients. So many choices as far as patterns available today and the effect with the sunlight coming through is warm and inviting to a space. It adds a natural element and texture, too.

I’m giving it a BAM for sure. But I don’t think it’s a trend – to me it’s a classic design element that adds a layered appearance to rooms and makes them feel more complete. It also allows you to spend less on fabric for the panels. If you choose a pricey fabric, you can always do a fixed panel and get the privacy with the wooden shade. This is my fave window covering pair for sure!

Definitely a BAM! I love this look and have it in some of our rooms. The plan is to include it in the living room next! :) These inspiration pics are beautiful!

bam love it! i am a cheapskate and we don’t really have any neighbors that can see in our windows, so we don’t have them, but i would do it!

yes! BAM for me! I unfortunately dont have them in my home and not entirely sure I could convince the hubs on them- but in my “home in my head” I have them !! ;-)

Elizabeth, you always come up with the best photos! Bam to the combination.

Nicole
    progressoverperfectionblog.com

Love a painted ceiling! So, BAM for me. In fact, I’ve been planning on painting my kids’ bathroom white with a blue ceiling and adding crown molding and board and batten. I also love drapes with woven blinds, I have it in my dining area, it’s a great, affordable look that anyone can do.

I had to look and see if anyone gave this a slam – and that’s a no! I love this look so much, and I too think it’s a classic look that doesn’t come and go with other trends. Love love love it!

Elizabeth, I have been going through your DIY posts and I love them all! I am a huge fan of woven blinds with drapes. I really think it brings a room up to date, even formal rooms ( somehow). Love painted ceilings, too!
    Nancy
    Powellbrowerhome.com

I’m going to go against the trend and say SLAM for the woven blinds. I’ve seen how snaggly and faded woven treatments can get and they don’t seem to stand up as well to frequent use

11. 17 Perth says

I can’t believe I am about to do this—but slam. I do actually like the look–but I am “slamming” it because I don’t think it is something that I would actually use. I would not use this mostly because I LOVE natural light. Even though I do like the look in these pictures–I think this style is too bulky for me. So slam. :(

12. Megan says

Those are really awesome photos and the house looks really clean and relaxing.. You would want to stay here forever with the whole family..