Tell Me Tuesday…BAM or SLAM!?

Bold florals are popping up everywhere this spring.  They’re not only popping up in the yard, but this spring you’ll see the on the runway, and in interiors in a big way.

Are you a fan?

Images via Furnnish, Decorpad, CWB Architects, BHG, Boston Design Center

Comments

i think i lean more towards slam on this one for me. i just don’t love them. i have a quilt with a floral print in emmy’s room, but that is the only place in my house!

2. linda says

BAM! I have always loved florals and am so glad to see that one print that I’ve had in my house for 16 years (and have thought it looked dated and I should change) is now popular again!

I am ok with a very small touch of it, but I am a geometic pattern girl. I love the bold floral for my daughter’s room.

Bam for sure, especially when combine with more subdued elements. I’m especially feeling the image of black-and-white floral wallpaper. Beautiful.

Although some of those photos are beautiful…I think I am a “mostly” SLAM on this one! I say mostly because I would like a touch here and there…and I do like the ones with the neutral backround.

6. Heather says

Bleh. I’m not a fan of florals, and especially not large print florals. They remind me of dresses I was forced to wear in elementary school.

BAM BAM BAM!! I LOVE florals and always have! I love to mix and match checks with florals…softer florals appeal most to me….barkcloth…love!

Lou Cinda

i like florals but worry that i will tire of them so usually don’t do them for myself but when my clients want to use them i am sooo happy!

Love fresh flowers and flowers in my yard, but not so much on my furniture or in my closet. I am a striped or checked kind of gal, more geometric patterns for me. Love all the bright Springy colors and neons mixed with neutrals. Kathysue

BAM! Love love a great floral!! Plus, a colorful floral print is a great jumping off point for a whole room scheme…hmmm, that ties into my post today. -)

These are terrific examples!

11. Lisaroy says

Bam for me – but only in small doses – don’t want my home to look like the late 80s florals that my guy hated :)

I am a huge fan of floral design. My mom is having plenty of floral details in her house and floral design reminds me about my childhood. I am collecting orchids at home so I guess floral design will make my dcor even more lovely.

Not for me. Just too much, and some of the colors remind me of the 60′s. I don’t have anything against florals, in fact I love them in subdued colors and small doses, but these are too much. The more neutral ones do appeal to me if the prints aren’t overwhelmingly large. The big bright florals are too garish, though.