Today, let’s wrap up The Inside Scoop with another talented designer. Marianne’s blog, Style for Living, is always one I can count on for gobs and gobs of fabulous inspiration. Thank you for stopping by to wrap up the series Marianne…
Thank you so much Elizabeth for including me in your guest series while you’re on vacation. I am beyond honored to be here today!
How long have you been blogging?
After first discovering blogs a few years ago, I started my own blog a little over a year ago as an extension to my interior design business.
Three things I’ve learned from blogging?
1. Friendship. I had no idea at the friendships that would form from blogging. I’ve been so lucky to meet some in person and hopefully meet more of you soon!
2. Inspiration. I am blown away each and every day by the creativity out there. We are a pretty amazing group, don’t you think?!
3. Support and Encouragement. From the countless comments to sweet emails I receive, I am in awe of how incredible fellow bloggers can be!
What inspires your designs?
I know this sounds cliche, but I have to say travel. Take a walk out of the normal tourist traps and absorb all the beauty that surrounds you. Inspiration can come from things as simple as the lines on a rooftop, an inviting garden path, the scrolls on a gate or the color of a door. Open your eyes, inspiration is everywhere!
How would you describe your design style?
My design style combines classic, well-edited interiors that are not only beautiful, but functional and personal.
What are your three best tips to achieving great design?
1. Add something antique in every room. It makes a space feel more personal and inviting. It can be a small piece of art from a local flea market or beautiful chest of drawers. It makes the space feel lived in and adored.
2. Add wall coverings. Consider adding wallpaper or grasscloth to add warmth to your walls. Don’t go crazy and do every room in your house. Limit it to one or two rooms. If you can’t convince your spouse to go this route or aren’t ready to commit, take your favorite wallpaper and place it in a beautiful frame.
3. Don’t forget window treatments. Adding drapes and roman shades to your windows will make all the difference in your rooms. It gives your home the finishing touch it deserves and your rooms will shine!
Finish the sentence, no room is complete without…
Beautiful fabrics! The fabrics you choose can make or break the overall appeal. If budget is of concern, consider purchasing one gorgeous pillow that you absolutely love. It will be worth every penny and you will always treasure it!
2/13 Carrie, Hazardous Design
2/14 Abby, A Delightful Design
2/15 Sherry, Design Indulgence
2/16 Amanda, Amanda Carol at Home
2/17 Mandi, Interior Design Musings
2/20 Lori, Lori May Interiors
2/21 Marianne, Style for Living